Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: College Park, Maryland
Duration: 3 years
Job Description: We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled researcher to join our team and contribute to projects focused on understanding and improving the processing and interpretation of Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) mission observations of sea-ice, coastal zone, and inland water surfaces. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of scientists from the Cooperative Institute for Satellite Earth System Studies (CISESS) at the University of Maryland, College Park and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and will play a key role in delivering global analyses of surface heights, winds, waves, and other observations.
- Development and implementation of algorithms to process and interpret SWOT data for sea-ice, inland or coastal environments.
- Validation of results with other satellite altimetry mission, models, and in-situ data.
- Development of a coastal-zone processing baseline to improve the quality and understand of coastal processes.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists to integrate the developed processing and analysis methods into existing research frameworks.
Contribute to the publication of research findings in high-impact scientific journals.
- Ph.D. in applied geodesy, physics, electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language, for example Python or MATLAB.
- Experience with remote sensing data.
- Well-developed skills in data processing and visualization.
- Knowledge in programming C/C++ is desirable.
- Prior knowledge and hands-on experience in radar altimetry data.
- Experience with validating radar altimetry data.
- Knowledge about sea-ice and coastal zone data retacking for SAR altimeters is beneficial.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a CV with a list of at least 3 professional references and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the posted requirements to email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER